The next MET tutorial will be held February 4 - 6, 2019, at NCAR in Boulder, Colorado in conjunction with the 2019 Winter WRF/MPAS Tutorial.
The METplus tutorial is typically offered annually in conjunction with the WRF/MPAS tutorial or other WRF-related tutorials.
WRF/MPAS tutorial classes for new users are generally offered twice a year, typically in the Summer and Winter. The tutorial consists of lectures about and hands-on experience using the following software packages:
- The WRF system, both ARW and NMM dynamical cores
- The WRF Preprocessing System (WPS)
- WRF Postprocessing software and graphical tools
- WRF-Var data assimilation
- Model Evaluation Tools (METplus)
Participants may register for any combination of these tutorials.
Refer to the WRF/MPAS Tutorial page for information on upcoming tutorials.
This tutorial makes use of the METplus Practical Sessions.