You may download the following versions of the GSI/EnKF system (including source codes, libraries, compiling system, fixed files, and sample run script) from this site.
(NOTE: The current release does not build with any of the Intel v19 compilers. Please use v18 or earlier to compile the code.)
- Community GSI V3.7 and EnKF V1.3: Release on 11/07/2018
- Community GSI V3.6 and EnKF V1.2: Release on 10/04/2017
- Community GSI V3.5 and EnKF V1.1: Release on 08/05/2016
- Community GSI V3.4 and EnKF V1.0: Release on 07/31/2015
- The GSI/EnKF requires specific data formats for observations to be assimilated:
- Conventional observations (including satellite derived data, e.g., satellite wind):
PrepBUFR format (NCEP featured BUFR format)
- Satellite radiance data, GPS radio occultation data, Radar observations:
- Descriptions about the data formats and links to some data resources are provided here.
External Libraries Needed To Build GSI/EnKF
The follow system/libraries are not in GSI/EnKF release package but needed for GSI/EnKF building:
- The CMake system v2.8 and above
- netCDF: build with the same compiler with WRF and GSI/EnKF
- For systems other than the IBM, the LAPACK and BLAS libraries may be needed. Check with your system administrator to see if local versions of these libraries already exist on your system.
- For GSI releases older than v3.7, compiled WRF ARW or WRF-NMM is needed. Since v3.7, WRF I/O interface is self-included in the release and compiled WRF is no longer required