The Developmental Testbed Center has developed a set of instructional training videos. Two videos are now available to familiarize the NWP development community with the UFS code and the Medium-Range Weather (MRW) App v1.0.
- UFS Code Repositories describes the overall structure of the Medium-Range Weather Application ("MRW App") source code repositories, directory structures, and where to find further documentation.
- Raw Initial Conditions for the UFS Medium-Range Weather Application v1.0 describes the formats of raw initial conditions that can be used to initialize the MRW App v1.0 and how to stage them on disk to use with the App.
Three videos are available to familiarize the community with the Common Community Physics Package (CCPP).
- CCPP Suites introduces the components of Common Community Physics Package (CCPP) suites and explains how to add to, modify, or build a new suite.
- CCPP-Compliant Parameterizations describes how to make a physics parameterization CCPP-compliant.
- CCPP: Adding a Variable to a Scheme explains how to add a new variable to an existing CCPP-compliant scheme on the physics-scheme side, as well as on the host side (if using the UFS or CCPP Single Column Model).