The Developmental Testbed Center (DTC) is pleased to announce the release of the 2018 Community Gridpoint Statistical Interpolation (GSI) Version 3.7 and Ensemble Kalman Filter (EnKF) version 1.3 data assimilation system. This release includes the latest code as of October 30th of 2018, new compiling system, and updated run scripts with updated User's Guide and on-line tutorials.
Some of the major upgrades for this release include:
- Unified CMake based build system.
- WRF I/O interface now included as a library. No need to build WRF before compiling GSI/EnKF.
- All community running scripts, namelists are now located under the ./ush directory. Previous ./dtc directory is removed.
- Updated CRTM library and coefficients to version 2.3.0
- Added capability to read NEMSIO ensemble files in parallel
- A GSI docker container is available for community users to get hands-on experiences on building/running GSI/EnKF.
Users may go to GSI User's Page and EnKF User's Page to download the release package, documentation, and practical cases. Questions and inquiries can be addressed through the GSI Helpdesk and EnKF Helpdesk.
GSI and EnKF are community data assimilation systems, open to contributions from both the operational and research communities. Please contact the helpdesk for access to the development code repository and check code contributions page for the code transition procedures. Potential financial support to prospective contributors for code transitioning is also available through the DTC visitor program.