Global Model Test Bed
The GMTB, established by the DTC in 2015, facilitates community involvement in the development of Next Generation Global Prediction System (NGGPS) by contributing to select aspects of code management and infrastructure for the community to interact with the code system, supporting a hierarchical testing framework, facilitating and performing testing and evaluation of innovations for the operational system. A primary focus of GMTB is to create information that can be used for an evidence-based decision making process at NCEP, to demonstrate the hierarchical testing capability of GMTB ( described here ), which ranges from a SCM through an end-to-end automated workflow to run the GSM and post-process, verify, and conduct diagnostics on the forecasts.
Bernardet, L., L. Nance, B. Kuo, V. Tallapragada, F. Toepfer, G. Grell, S Benjamin, T. Schneider, and K. Kelleher, 2017: Global Model Test Bed: Fostering Community Involvement in NOAA's Next Generation Global Prediction System. AMS Annual Meeting, 2017, Seattle, WA, January 22-26, 2017.
Harrold, M, J. Henderson, M. Zhang, J. Wolff, L. Bernardet, H. Jiang, L. Nance, and C. Holt, 2017: Evaluation of the Grell-Freitas convective scheme within the NOAA's Environmental Modeling System (NEMS)-based Global Spectral Model (GSM). AMS Annual Meeting, 2017, Seattle, WA, January 22-26, 2017.
Firl G., 2017: Using the Global Model TestBed Single Column Model to Test a Newly Developed Convective Parameterization. AMS Annual Meeting, 2017, Seattle, WA, January 22-26, 2017.
Firl, G., L. Bernardet, L. Carson, J. Dudhia, J. Hacker, M. Harrold, J. Henderson, C. Holt, H. Jiang,L. Nance, J. Rosinski, D. Stark, J. Wolff, M. Zhang, 2016: Design and Implementation of a Collaborative Physics Evaluation Framework. Physics Dynamics Coupling in Weather and Climate Models Workshop, Richland, WA, 20-22 September 2016.
- Bernardet, Ligia | ph: 303.497.4315 | email: Ligia.Bernardet@noaa.gov
- Dudhia, Jimy | ph: 303.497.8950 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firl, Grant | ph: 303.497.2872 | email: email@example.com
- Harrold, Michelle | ph: 303.497.8978 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jimenez Munoz, Pedro | ph: 303.497.8201 | email: email@example.com
- Nance, Louisa | ph: 303.497.8921 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolff, Jamie | ph: 303.497.2812 | email: email@example.com
- Xue, Lulin | ph: 303.497.2716 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zhang, Man | ph: 303.497.4867 | email: email@example.com
- Carson, Laurie | ph: 303.497. 8408 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gill, Dave | ph: 303.497.8162 | email: email@example.com
- Henderson, Judy | ph: 303.497.6940 | email: Judy.K.Henderson@noaa.gov
- Stark, Don | ph: 303.497.2472 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing and Evaluation Activities
- Grell-Freitas cumulus parameterization
- Grell-Freitas cumulus parameterization with cycled DA
- Los Alamos Sea Ice model
- Advanced Physics Test 2019