The purposes of this meeting are to demonstrate the Model Evaluation Tools (MET) to the community; discuss new state-of-the-art forecast evaluation methods that should be included in future releases; and to discuss user requirements for verification tools and future system components (e.g., database, display, distributed processing capabilities).
Topics that will be considered include:
• Evaluation of Ensemble and Probabilistic Forecasts
• Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis Testing -- Including such issues as spatial/temporal dependence, multiple testing, Non-Gaussian Random Variables, bootstrap intervals, Bayesian precision intervals, Observational Error.
• Verification of Extreme or Rare Events
• User-specific verification
• System Components and Architecture
Workshop organizers: Lacey Holland, Barbara Brown, and Eric Gilleland